Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day

This is my one of my favorite pics of David and William.


Yesterday was a bittersweet day as it has been for 3 years. My thoughts were on my dad as they had been all week. I have never brought myself to visit my dad's grave, yet I go to Alex's often. I guess because I am still angry and have not gotten over him dying. The more I think about how it could have been avoided, the angrier I get. He was supposed to be here to see his grandchildren, not watch them from far away. I guess maybe I am selfish for wanting him here, even though, we argued a lot. We were so alike in many ways, I never thought I would miss him as much as I have.


On another note. David, William and I had a great day. we kicked off Father's Day weekend Saturday with a breakfast at The Broken Egg. It had been a while since we have been there. Then it was off to Fischer's party, where William got filthy and had the best time. Sunday, we went to Bj's Brewhouse. It just opened last Monday. It was awesome and we will be going back. David got a free mug that has Father's Day 2008 and a free mini pizza for when we go back. Other than tht we just hung out like we do every weekend. I should have done homwork sometime this past weekend, but I procrastinated, we were having fun. So today I will be doing hw all day with a 1 yr old at my side..lol.

No comments: